PUL’Fix : new fixed mandibular advancer for Class II : alternative to elastics
Clinical case of 13 years old patient : Class II division 2
- Before treatment :
- After teeth alignment, elastics were not worn : proposition of Pul’fix accepted by the patient :
- PUL’Fix fitted : debonding lower bicuspids and freeing upper bicuspids and canines to let them extrude and distalize for faster correction of Class II :
- Bonding upper lingual retainer and debonding upper braces : motivating patient to continue with Pul’fix :
- Debonding lower braces and bonding lower lingual retainer. 6 months of PUL’fix :
- Anti-relapse night wearing retainer : PUL W
- Profiles and Xrays before and after treatment : mandibular growth :
Using PUL’Fix in this manner, act like a remoble PUL : extruding bicuspids and molars and distalizing upper molars to avoid « rabbitting » of upper incisors and excessive proclination of lower incisors.
- Do you have experience with fixed Class II systems ? What is your opinion about them ?
- Which system do you use ? Advantages and incovenients ?