Class II hyper divergent with impacted tooth
Benefit of Low Friction Concept self-ligating braces
This is the clinical case of 13 years old patient first orthodontic consultation.
- Dysfunctions: oral breathing – deglutition – hypotonic mastication.
- Hyper divergent growth
- Class II: overbite – gummy smile
- Impacted teeth: 85 and 45 + 13 and 23
- We have to stop the hyper divergent growth by treating the functional causes.
- Try to do not extract premolars and keep the largest width of the jaws.
- Envisage a long-term 4D anti-relapse stabilization period.
- ENT consultation for controlling airways: no adenoids but septal deviation: reserved prognostic for breathing improvement.
- Functional harmonization by PUL appliance worn day and night: its aim is to help patient nasal breathing, tongue palatal positioning and muscles stimulation.
- Self-ligating braces low friction system: alignment and surgical traction of 45 and upper canines.
- PUL W retainer: long term stabilization and wisdom teeth extractions.
- How would you treat this case?
- Do you think that using self-ligating low friction system has contributed to avoid premolars extractions?